Senior Childrenswear Buyer
The opportunity has arisen for an established Senior Buyer to join this attractive premium childrenswear brand. The most suitable candidate will have had extensive experience in childrenswear buying, with a strong technical awareness and a creative mindset.
This premium childrenswear brand is performing fantastically currently and seeing fantastic results from its International expansion.
- Working closely with Head of Buying and Sourcing you will take accountability for overseeing the buying for both apparel and non-apparel. You will devise and deliver an effective Buying strategy to ensure the final range delivered exceeds expectations with regards to incorporating trends, offering quality and all at the desired price point.
- You will work to build the brands product supply chain globally and source new products ensuring to meet industry standards and regulations.
- Responsible for negotiating and ensuring best trading terms are agreed.
- In order to keep ahead of your competition you will complete in-depth market research such as comp shops, inspirational trips and attend all relevant fashion and trade events. You will always be on the lookout for new product opportunities, whilst also foreseeing any potential risks.
- You will work cross-functionally with other business departments to ensure product offering is clearly communicated and understood.
- Working as the Senior Buyer you will be responsible for managing a small team, taking responsibility for the development of more junior colleagues and driving best practise through your team.
- Will currently be working as an established Buyer, if not already at Senior Buyer level, with long standing Childrenswear/Babywear experience.
- Must be a confident communicator with the ability to lead, engage and encourage others to make the most commercial decisions.
- Strong commercial mindset, aware of current and future trends.
- Proactive mentality.
- Competitive salary
- Product discount
- Flexible working