Sample Machinist - Luxury contemporary brand - London
A fast growing contemporary womenswear brand whose collection is sold in a select number of high end retailers is looking for an experienced Sample Machinist. This feminine and elegant brand have a team who are focused on producing beautiful and effortless pieces for the premium market.
As a Sample Machinist you will:
- Experienced in making first samples with high finishing techniques and skills
- Work closely with the senior team members, the Pattern Cutters and Workroom Manager to maintain sampling standards
- Advise the pattern cutters of potential construction problems
- Cutting samples
To apply for this vacancy you will have:
- The ideal candidate must have a very strong technical skill set and understanding of patterns and garment construction
- Previous Sample Machinist experience is essential gained from a similar luxury womenswear environment
- Experienced in both tailoring and soft separates and a variety of fabrics and surface design (print, embroidery and embellishment).
- Good spoken English is essential.
- Up to £35,000