Garment Technologist - Luxury Womenswear
A simplistic, luxury fashion brand are seeking a Garment Technologist to join the team. In addition to a general Garment Technologist's responsibilities, you will work closely with the designer and production team as the lynchpin between departments, demonstrating a creative flare and open mindedness toward the development process.
An established luxury fashion brand with a distinctive aesthetic.
The primary responsibilities are to ensure that all garments are correctly specified to factories and checked through the production process. The communication, both written and verbal must be documented and it is essential that this role becomes the 'control' between design, pattern cutters, production, factories and incoming goods.
- To facilitate the transition of garments from design concept and 1st prototype through to final bulk production.
- To ensure the quality and performance of the product meets the requirements of the company and customer, in order to minimise returns and maximise profits.
- Working with design and the workroom in preparation of new styles, finishes, prints, processes, fabrics.
- Review and drive the technical strategy and ensure that this is constantly in line with the Brand strategy.
- Important to work with design and production to develop new suppliers and manufacturers to increase base and help with production planning.
- Establish effective working relationships with suppliers to drive and support product development and to achieve QA status.
- Conduct supplier reviews on a seasonal basis/work with production to make changes if required.
You will have;
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Previous experience working with Excel, Gerber and Photoshop/Illustrator