Ecommerce Trading Manager Maternity Cover
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Premium Retailer based in London who are performing exceptionally well. This role is urgent and is pivotal to the business and is for a 9 to 12 month maternity cover.
Your core role will be to manage all online trading activity across a global level. You will be ensuring that products are available online by closely monitoring stock levels and making accurate sales forecasts. You will lead a merchandising team of 4.
Other responsibilities include to
- Present on performance in trade meetings, highlighting potential risks in line with sales plans.
- Responsible for B2C sales plan and re-forecasting based on performance.
- Acting with agility based on analysis to maximise sales.
- Managing department stocks in line with trade activity to minimise risks and maximise profit opportunities for the B2C channel.
- Meeting planning deadlines to achieve the brand critical path.
- Utilising historic sales and lessons learnt to make future trading decisions.
- Own product launches and ensure key drivers of the range are represented and sales opportunities maximised.
- Responding to external and unforeseen factors or threats, e.g., emerging trends, unseasonable weather or competitor activity. Ensure B2C range is always competitive.
- Managing poor performing lines by working with teams on stock levels and promotional mechanisms.
- Oversee the planning, briefing and execution of promotions.
- Actively analysing promotion & product performance, recommending actions to drive full price sales for the business.
- Understanding returns rates and investigate the reasons behind them, focusing on ways to reduce returns rates.
- Partner with the Logistics and Ops teams to ensure the understanding of expected peaks in trade for planning.
- Analysis of data using Excel, Google Analytics, ZAP and Power -BI.
- Inspire, lead and motivate the merchandising team, and develop your direct report through clear learning and measurable targets.