Archivist - Digital Collection
This iconic accessories and shoes brand known for its eccentric and glamorous designs is looking for an Archivist to join their Central London offices. This is a rare opportunity to join an extremely successful and profitable red carpet celebrity favourite brand!
- Work alongside the Digital Director and Systems Manager to maintain and develop the existing digital archive system - Adlib CMS - and the links to the PLM system
- Structure, populate and maintain the digital archive using Adlib CMS
- Strategise and implement with the Object Collection Archivist the digital archiving of the historic and future object collections
- Develop and implement digitisation programmes for the object collection as required. (e.g cutting books, film, audio, photographic imagery etc.)
- Define and implement the standardisation of existing and future document naming and filing to allow for collections information management in line with the SPECTRUM standards
- Assist with digital collections access, including both internal and external loan and research requests
- Assist in seasonal handovers of new archive objects from Product Development to add into the digital archive
- Assist in acquiring and repatriating objects for the archive for inclusion in the digital archive
- Research and document the origins and historical significance of the archive collection
- Develop and maintain effective warehousing and transfer records for the archive collection
- Contribute towards the development of exhibitions, displays and publications as required
- Support the Object Collection Archivist with the care and conservation of the archive
- Assist in the planning and setting of the annual archive department budget
- Any other ad hoc tasks that may be required
- Professional Archive or Collections Management qualification
- Significant experience working with digital archive cataloguing systems
- Museum standard CMS such as Adlib, CALM or Mimsy XG - previous Adlib experience is a big plus!
- Photoshop, all MS Office software
- Experience with developing and implementing Archive Collection Policies
- Experience of archive object handling
- Experience of document digitisation
- Awareness of conservation methods
- Self-motivated, comfortable working both independently and with other teams
- Highly organised with an eye for detail and accuracy
- Salary between £35k - £45k (depending on experience)
Due to the high volume of applications only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
£8.50 - £9 per hour
Love shoes? This iconic brand is looking for temporary staff for their London boutique. Retail experience a must!
£38000 - £45000 per annum + BONUS
East London, London
Menswear Account Manager needed for this top brand within this inspiring and leading fashion sales and distribution agency. Competitive salary and bonus...
£25000 - £30000 per annum
Rare opening! Are you knowledgeable in PLM systems and looking for your next step within a world renowned fashion house?
Up to £45000 per annum
City of London, London
Global Marketing Manager opportunity with a luxury brand based in Central London
£25000 - £28000 per annum
City of London, London
Wholesale Executive opportunity with an edgy menswear brand