In preparation for this glorious Christmas time, I have created a list of ways to get you into the Christmas spirit…
1. Make a Christmas playlist.
First and foremost, everyone must make a Christmas playlist.
2. Buy and Wrap presents early, to prevent panic buying!!
3. Decorate. Decorate everything.
4. Watch a Christmas Movie. Or 10, or 100.
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. How the Grinch Stole Christmas. Home Alone. Love Actually. White Christmas. I could go on…
5. Elf Yourself. Christmas just isn’t complete without it!
6. Buy extra batteries. Although very boring, exceedingly practical given that you never seem to have enough for all the Christmas toys Santa brings.
7. Bust out the seasonal food & drinks.
Nearly every respectable establishment offers some sort of special Christmas meal or drink. Mint Hot Chocolate, Gingerbread Latte, Gluwein. Then, pair that with a Christmas sandwich or box of chocolates and you’ve got yourself a meal!
Are you drooling yet?
8. Wear a Santa hat all day, every day (especially at work).
They make everything more fun. Quote me on that.
9. Buy a Christmas Tree.
10. Go and see a pantomime. Christmas isn’t the same without some booing and hissing!
11. Relax and enjoy the day !!!
This is perhaps the most important rule of all. In the end, Christmas is not about spending enormous amounts of money, or spoiling your children/parents/grandparents/significant other. Rather, it’s about coming together and celebrating all of the good parts of life. The best thing you can do to prepare for Christmas is just be happy. It’s the most wonderful time of the year, after all.