Four Seasons Recruitment sent Amanda
over to Shamwari Game Reserve
as a result of donating £4,000 to our nominated charity - Great Ormond Street Hospital
is based on the east coast of South Africa and boasts about 50,000 acres of luscious green landscape. (That's almost 11,000 football fields!) This privately owned Game Reserve has a large variety of wildlife.
Here's a short summary of our activities:
• Daily game drives
• We got to see the BIG FIVE – lion, leopard, elephant, buffalo and rhino
• Carried a sick leopard to the Vet’s operating table
• Helped to test the river water where the hippos live
• Worked to clean the caracal and warthog enclosures at the rehab centre
• Moved some darted rhinos into containers to be moved to another reserve
• Fed the lions and leopards at Born Free
• Used machetes to cut down some unwelcome pine trees
• Filled roads with new rubble to fixed damage
• Visited the local pre-primary school with balloons and sweets
If you're interested in enjoying a similar life-changing experience, please do contact Worldwide Experience
about their various projects.
We'd like to take this opportunity to thank Four Seasons Recruitment, Worldwide Experience and Great Ormond Street Hospital for this once in a lifetime opportunity!