Freelance Jacket Designer - Childrenswear
Salary of £35,000
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a creative role as a Freelance Designer in London, where you will be developing childrens jackets for customers, using a strong design skill set to produce a young directional fashion product.
Our client is a global design and manufacturing company supplying to the UK High Street.
Freelance Jacket Designer - The Person:
With an eye for commercial product and flair for trends, the candidate will be very skilled and experienced with the desire to develop their career in a dynamic and fast-paced company. The ideal candidate will have a good level of experience working as a jackets designer on childrenswear with a strong commercial 'handwriting' in a supplier.
Jacket Designer - Childrenswear - Freelance - The Role:
* Interact with customer design teams to create collections suitable for individual buyers
* Create range plans for the variety of product groups in a systematic way
* Identify key statements and must have items for the season
* Presenting trends & ranges to influence clients
* Travelling with clients to meetings and visits in the far east
* Close working relationship with design team to deliver co-ordinated and commercial ranges in line with trend and sales information
* Monitor the technical packs for sampling units
* Develop and source new trims and fabrics
* Presentation of mood boards, research and ranges to brand management team
* Ensure design team is aware of sales analysis on weekly basis
Jacket Designer - Childrenswear - Freelance - The Candidate:
* Strong jacket/outerwear designer to cover childrenswear
* Ability to analyse which product changes are required to fit into a specific price level, without changing the commercial look
* Preferable experience with Sri Lanka and China particularly
* A burning passion for fashion where fashion is a natural part of the lifestyle, this also includes being updated about the latest trends
* Terrific communication skills in English, verbally and in writing
* Be adept at working cross-functionally
If you are able to offer all the above and would like to discuss this career opportunity as a Jacket Designer - childrenswear - Freelance in more detail, please apply with your CV immediately. Due to the extremely high volume of applicants for this role we will only be able to contact successful candidates.
Talk to us on Twitter @FSRLHeadOffice about this role and more!